Friday, January 23, 2015

Sacramento County, California Sheriff's Deputy Who Illegally Parked in Handicap Parking Space; "We're Allowed to Get Breaks."




By Davy V.

What do you do if you're a law enforcement officer who has just been busted on video abusing your authority by illegally parking in a handicap parking space, and a taxpayer, questions you about it?

Just do what most law enforcement officers would do.

Reply with the typical above the law, sense of entitlement swagger, and 
come up with some b.s. sarcastic remark.

That's exactly what a Sacramento County, California Sheriff's deputy did after a man video recorded her illegally parked in a handicap parking space.

The video begins with the SCSO deputy walking towards her marked police cruiser holding snacks, including a super size drink in hand, that she just picked up at a Circle K convenience store.

Then the man who's video recording her comes on.

"You always park in handicap when you're not on a call?", the man asks the deputy.

"We're allowed to get breaks," the deputy replies.

"There's a parking spot right here though ma'm," the man tells the deputy, referring to an empty parking space right next to the handicap space she's occupying.

Which by the way, just happens to be the only handicap parking space in the parking lot.

"There wasn't one when I pulled in," the deputy replies.

"She seemed to feel like she was entitled to it," the man told KTLA 5 news, going on to describe the deputy as thinking she's somehow exempt from the laws.

The same laws me and you are expected to abide by.

"I'm very disappointed, frankly it is completely inconsistent with our values," said Sacramento undersheriff James Lewis, after watching the video.

Undersheriff Lewis said that the matter has been turned over to the department's internal affairs division for an "investigation."

Lewis said that disciplinary actions can range anywheres from "documented counseling to termination."

Can you imagine if this smart, alert citizen had not done some quick thinking and video recorded this incident of yet another cop clearly thinking she's above the law?

Certainly the deputy and the undersheriff would have denied it ever even happened.

Which is, why I always say... 

COPS LIE. RECORD EVERYTHING.


Click link below to watch video.



Please Support My Film "A Promise to My Dad"

A Promise to My Dad

'A Promise To My Dad' is a documentary film about a promise I made to my father at his wake, after my father committed suicide.

The short film explores the life of my dad, Mario Vara  as he leaves Cuba with my mom and older brother in 1968, in search of freedom and a better life for our family.

After moving the family to Rochester, NY, my father realizes that despite the promises of freedom and liberty that a life in America can bring, the harsh reality is that there are many injustices as well.

In fact, my dad would soon face very similar 'police state' tactics, as the ones he escaped his homeland for in the first place.

"A Promise to My Dad" highlights an incident in the 1980's, when Rochester Police officers Mark Mariano and Randall Benjamin kicked down the family's door, illegally entering our home, terrorizing me and my family at gunpoint.

As a result of that incident, my dad becomes outspoken against police abuse and misconduct.

Unlike many Americans who take their rights for granted, my dad took a stand to denounce law enforcement violating U.S. citizen's civil rights.

Having lived a communist dictatorship, my dad knew all too well what it was like to live in a totalitarian police state, where simply expressing one's dislike for Castro and his government could land you in prison.

My dad was passionate in his denouncement of rogue cops abusing and violating citizen's civil rights in the U.S.

As a teen, I would tag  along with my dad accompanying him to community meetings, rallies, and marches where he, along with other citizens demanded accountability from those whose job is to serve and protect, as well as the elected officials whose job it is to keep them in check.

'A Promise To My Dad' features me telling my dad's story, including talking about my father's depression and how it led to him committing suicide in 1993, after the Rochester, NY Police Department targeted my father through a series of selective harassment and intimidation tactics. 

'A Promise to My Dad' follows me as I struggle to keep the promise I made to my dad, to continue his work against police misconduct and corruption, while at the same time trying to find my own identity as a young man, then as a father myself.

Throughout the film I will talk about my own struggles with depression, my father's suicide, and the effects that my work has brought to me and my family, including my children being stalked and receiving death threats.

One example of this came in August of 2014, when an ex-con who is known to work with Rochester Police as a paid confidential informant (C.I.) was captured on a store's surveillance video threatening to murder, and decapitate my 5-year old daughter.

Despite the video clearly showing the individual threatening to kill and decapitate an innocent child, Rochester Police and the Monroe County, NY District Attorney's office, including D.A. Sandra Doorley, refused to charge the individual.

Please support my film "A Promise to My Dad" by making a donation.

It's easy to do.

Just click on the link below which will take you to my blog.

Once there, click on the 'Donate' icon located at the top right of the page and follow the easy steps.

All donations are secure through PayPal.

Any donation over $35.00 receives a free 'A Promise to My Dad' t-shirt.

Just be sure to include your address when making your donation.

Click link below:





Like me on Faebook



Follow me on twitter